PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Illuminati/Do not Fly EK Websites
Old 28th Jan 2015, 12:54
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptLeazinho (although more in response to my eternal nemesis, the Crusader from Alconguin!

I'm basing my comments on what I have now, not what I used to experience in my previous life so please ignore AC and his stuck record. This Company has never, to date, laid off pilots due to economic downturns, unlike some of our cousins from across the pond. Unions? Yep, just ask how effective they were at protecting hundreds of pilots pensions when Northwest filed for Chapter 13 although they did manage to find several hundred million for a re branding though!

Talking of which, a 12 year Delta skipper on the B777 will make around $270 per hour. I've done the maths and unless you're basing yourself in a tax exempt state such as Florida, their take home will be just lower after taxes than what I achieve here. Yes, they'll be working less but being able to achieve that figure will have taken considerably longer that the 11 years it's taken me. Then there's the issue of commuting. Don't tell me that that in itself is not tiring and an unnecessary irritant. As I've said, it either works for your circumstances or it doesn't. Command time here is variable but is in the region of 4-6 years depending on fleet so unless 'The unmentionables' offer a command 1 year BEFORE you apply, I'm confused with AC's quoted command times

What I will say though is that our neighbours down the road may still be a better option right now if you're considering the Gulf region.

Harry