PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 18:01
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Homo Simpson
Leeds Approach

Whilst I can admire someone's enthusiasm for aviation there has to come a point at which that enthusiasm needs a dose of reality.
You clearly know nothing about airlines or airports as your posts show, to me and many others it seems. Your continued belief that Yorkshire deserves a "proper" airport is spotter fantasyland not the real world.
I agree that LBA is not ideal but it does seve a purpose. Nobody is going to spend millions on CF hoping it will bring in the airlines and passengers.
You mention nobody compensating EMA. Why would they??
However you are suggesting that CF is developed but that would mean closing LBA so you would absolutely need the current owners onside. There is no way you could get the funding and commitments for CF if LBA is still going to be operational.
LBA can grow but there is only one major airport for the North and that is clearly shown by the airlines and routes from it. People will always have to go to a bigger airport to get the range of services it can offer. It doesn't mean Yorkshire
shouldn't have more offerings from LBA but "crunching" some numbers as you say you have done is not going to change anything.
SAS lasted how long? I doubt it was because of the location of LBA. More to do with passengers not using it. Flights to Pakistan have been and gone. Why? Because it's better to consolidate at one big airport for long haul in most cases. That's just a couple of examples but it shows that just lobbing money at CF, economics doesn't really matter that much to you, won't work.
You were from Manchester but now you're in a bar! PIA were all set to fly 777s in- the margins of a short runway are too tight. The diversion record makes it a non starter. Hence no service. LBA wanted it.

SAS twice a week not very useful. People from Yorks staying on the motorway / train to MAN's many flights. Inaccessibility. Only Leeds city to feed the service. You doubt it is the location-but it is extremely important to potential passengers.

MAN will have its longhaul but there will be a fairer split of services. I don't think MAN and its fans in a bar would want a fairer split!