PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2015, 21:42
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HOODED
Leeds Approach. I know the declared distances and just gave you some. No one is saying it's ideal but modern ac performance is loads better. 5900ft is not half of 7380ft whether like it or not. Luton is shorter than Leeds and manages nicely thank you. You are still dreaming, CF would work if Millions were spent and LBA was forced to close. LBA is owned and operated by Bridgepoint. Who will compensate them and stump up the millions needed to develop another airfield in these days of austerity?? Face facts airports are closing not opening these days.
What is Luton's LDA then (both runways)? Runway into prevailing wind. What is the LBA LDA (both runways)? 90 degrees to prevailing wind.

Some of the figures you gave before were nonsense. If you read my post again I stated that nearly half the 2000 ft extension cannot be used to land from the North. Check runway displacements.

Modern aircraft are much better of course but the airlines will not risk LBA because the accessibility/location of the airport is poor and a sizeable proportion of passengers find easier to go to MAN where tickets prices are lower because of the reliability/efficiency of MAN airfield.