PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2015, 21:31
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
Leeds Approach,

You are looking at this project far too simplistically. Population does not automatically mean people will use it.

Just look at BHX, huge city on its doorstep, huge industry areas, easily accessible to millions more yet handles just shy of 10million per year, with outlying areas using LHR/MAN/EMA/LTN/STN and BRS. That's a fraction of its potential thanks to the other airports.

So explain to me why CF would be so vastly different? Like I say, you have a far too simplistic 'Yorkshire pride' view on this, and you seem to be answering rather defensively against any critics, which quite frankly puts many off and I'm wondering why Ive even bothered t be frank.
Of course I have oversimplified because the basic principles are set in stone. Big population, reliable 'fit for purpose' airport, easily accessible.

Population of the West midlands 5.3 million BHX 10 million passengers.
Population of Yorks and the Humber 5.3 million LBA 3.2 million passengers

This has very little to do with Yorkshire pride. I don't mind critics at all but how can anyone argue with these figures? How can anyone dispute the airfield characteristics of Yeadon airport?

We have the perfect double whamy in Yorkshire- wrong location for accessibility of an airport and poor airfield characteristics. Sort those two factors out and then you will see.