PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2015, 17:57
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I say package I really only think of the pay into my account each month and how I am treated. The pay is not terrible but its not the best. I do however feel looked after by the company and every now and then dare I say I feel valued too. Pension is about market average, maybe slightly above. Health care is good and I hope I never need to call on it but loss of license I don't think is very generous.

Staff travel in my opinion when you first join is close to worthless. It like most things is based on seniority so you can get bumped by pretty much anyone when your new.

Tax free share scheme yeah brilliant until it comes to paying out. The deal is then modified and the shares are not awarded but a cash payment instead. IAG said no.

BA is hard when you first join and if your unlucky you will spend years at the bottom with no control over your life.

Of all the airlines I have flown for whilst I would say BA is good in the respect of living in the uk and having some security you do have to pay a heavy price for that. It would not be the easiest job I have had but it may well be the one that keeps me in employment until I retire.

If your at Thomson, Easy on a good contract or Virgin I would probably stay put but otherwise its probably a wise move.