PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OATS a general view- 64k for that!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2001, 19:51
neil767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OATS a general view- 64k for that!!!!!!

64k for a school who can't even clean there toilets! Don't believe all the marketing crap, it's true there is some good instructors but no better than the other main schools (And not as expensive)

You can pay as much as you like for air training and go to any school however nor Oxford or any other school can guarantee a job. OATS are using the fact they are in (near) Oxford and commanding high prices due to this, similar to what universities there do with oversea students.

I live close to OATS, I had a few lessons there and it's not particualry great, you have to wait for instructors due to over runs and the facilties are naff. People who get these massive loans are treading on thin ice, at the end of it all you might not get a job an be lumbered with a huge debt with interest mounting on it. Shop around and always have a backup plane. Not being negetive but several friends have gone down this road and not got there and been straddled with debt. I hope everyone success it what they do because if you don't try you'll never know.