PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2015, 13:04
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The NE Regional Assembly was a joke. I'll thought out and information about it was scarce.

It's just a shame the oil price crash didn't happen six months earlier. Would have been a clear NO vote with zero effort required.

Never understood all the anti English sentiment North of the Border. After all we don't get free prescriptions, university or elderly social care. And we will have to pay full APD and public spending per head is less than Scotland. Yet I see nothing but hatred. Despite me being half Scottish and half English I've picked up on it since I was about four years old.

We didn't ask for Scotland to be part of the UK and to be honest a lot of people wanted them to go independent. I personally did. The English also have NO representation in government and are deprived a national identity.
All in all life ain't all that bad North of the border.

Anyway back on topic. I often use EDI but that's only because I get a free rail pass and I use edi for schedule reasons. Not cost. I can't see myself ever going to Glasgow unless it was long haul and at least £100 per head cheaper.