PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Review
Thread: ASIC Review
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2015, 17:05
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am back in USSA to paraphrase the Beatles ( I keep forgetting there are those too young to remember them) and flying happily on my FAA pilot certificate.

No ASIC or equivalent required. Less airport security than Ayers Rock or the power crazed security team at Mildura..credit card licence.

It's so frikkin easy!

Why do the power tripping petty bureaucrats in Oz constantly want to build empires, complicate simple things and generally consume so much wasted time effort and money, not theirs of course, all of us who actually try to make a go of commercial general aviation..I am so over casa ( deliberately small letters) which is full of petty minded, though largely ignorant of industry realities.

There are of course always exceptions, and I truly thank the few in that pointless and tine wasting empire who have some realistic understanding of life outside the ivory towers. They are vastly outnumbered by morons who strive to make life difficult, to the point of impracticality, on a daily basis.

I was going to say that they are the worlds worst civil aviation body, but there are some highly corrupt central and South American countries that just beat them by making general aviation almost impossible. At least regulatory officials in these other countries can be educated. It takes a small brown paper bag, but then you can resume normal service. Those narrow minded dill at casa will seize some pointless, obscure interpretation of a legalese convoluted reg and use as an NCN to force an operator to comply with their opinion. Next auditor has a completely different interpretation. God help me!

Aviation Security is largely ineffective for aviation security. That is for operators, crew and passengers. For the aviation safety industry it is money for nothing. Pay peanuts, use monkeys and employ motherhood statements to justify this massive waste of time and money. Makes me sick that this nonsense is embraced by the Australian regulators and actively promoted as a contributor to aviation safety. Utter bullsh!t.

Rant mode OFF.

In USA now so it's all so much quicker easier simpler and cheaper.

HD