PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2015, 09:38
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hapzim

The impression i got from the Skytrax customer complaint was more about lack of communication, of course the fact that flight didn't go back to BHX after the Venice stop but rather to Luton wouldn't help.

I know these things happen, but what sets you apart is how you fix it, plus ZBdeee's ops department would have know at least 12 hours in advance that a fuel tech stop was likely. Below from Skytrax

Travelled last night from Sharm El Sheikh to Birmingham. ZB0473. It was a total fiasco. Diverted to Venice for 30 min refuelling 'hop', only to discover crew out of hours. No replacement available and when it was, the flight would not land at Birmingham but Luton. The result was a 7 hour delay overnight. Disgraceful service and 'suck it up people, these things happen' attitude by Monarch pilots, who couldn't tell a straight story between them. Have loved Monarch in the past but given them the benefit of the doubt now too many times. This airline doesn't deserve the loyalty of customers because it doesn't see them as people, rather as 'bums on seats', and takes every opportunity to avoid responsibility. Would not recommend.

For Balance see also from Skytrax

ZB238/239, 3rd-10th January. I have flown Monarch 4x times this year and have to write as they have improved immensely in the past 12 months. The check-in facility at Gatwick is now excellent. The standard of the refurbished cabins with the new slim back seating is so much better than any comparable airline - there is a real sense of space and no need to pay for extra legroom (I am 6ft+). The food/snack choice is more than acceptable and for the first time in a long time their crew seem to be genuinely trained in customer service. What's more - no delays this year! I hope these new changes are here to stay.

Last edited by Facelookbovvered; 21st Jan 2015 at 09:42. Reason: Balance