PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 66 feasibility
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2015, 20:37
capitaine flam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a contradiction

I am sorry that there is no contradiction in my statement.

Since I have to earn a living after being a housewife for 14 years, when the oportunity to work for the MoD and the Military Aviation Authority came up with Engineering chartership around the corner, I took it.

I could alternatively have continued to work for free in aerodromes or at other airports or with LAME colleagues for the next three years and struggle to make ends meet. A little selfish viewpoint when I have three teenage children. Like BCW, I have to keep income coming in, but I still intend to acquire a Part-66 license. It'll take me a few years, but I am not worried. It is really a goal that I want to achieve as I set myself it a few years ago. It is like a challenge and it will help my continuing development in my airworthiness job.

In fact, all my hard work - as you so kindly mention - has paid off spectacularly with a great airworthiness job. At my time in life, I just can't complain.

I hold in great esteem the many extremely experienced LAMEs under whose tutelage I have had the opportunity to work. It takes many years to get to that level of competence and I certainly admire it.

Keep in mind that if there were apprenticeships going on, I would rather a young person have it: they have a whole future to work towards; house, family etc. I have that already and I would feel a bit of a cheat to take that away from a young person.

But there is no denying that it takes a lot of work in this country to obtain a Part-66 license. It takes a certain persistence and stiff upper lip. It is not always easy, but it can be done.

Last edited by capitaine flam; 18th Jan 2015 at 21:23.