PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FBW question
Thread: FBW question
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2015, 08:30
RVF750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...which is what I was aiming at. Not force feedback but position feedback. I do feel the force feedback comes from the need to show the position of the flight surfaces. Thus if it moves less at higher speed, or the trim is out, etc, you would feel more resistance to your hand.

It's putting the pilot back in the loop, something Airbus neglected from the start. We start as small aircraft students and if you move to a large airliner too soon, you never develop the skills and feel.....I came up the traditional way, and so many companies look down their noses at people from this route. When it comes down to it, the absolute basic reversion is pitch power and feel. If you never had it, you never will. Sully has it in spades and many others too. Just my opinion, of course. I'm just arguing that AB doesn't value Pilot skills enough despite many crashes that may have been prevented if they had. It's the philosophy of flying. The hardware can make a difference!

Edited to say I do appreciate there are many very skilled and capable pilots out there flying Airbus products! I also know there are many operators who value these skills and tailor courses to keep them.

I just don't like the lifeless nature of the stick and throttles- it's very off putting! It's purely this that tells me what Airbus think of pilots!

Last edited by RVF750; 18th Jan 2015 at 11:56.