PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachuting at Elwood Park
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2015, 10:16
BlatantLiar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole attraction of the dropzone is the fact that it is convenient for tourists and locals alike not to mention having a nice view. Who wants to drive to the middle of nowhere for a skydive to look at paddocks? If it wasn't where it is then there simply wouldnt be a business case.

You want to know what your problem is John? You're a naysayer, a 'no' person. You're saying the dropzone shouldn't be there on the off chance somebody might clean another person up. Instead, we should play fiddle to the lowest common denominator, the small percentage of pilots who cannot use a map and radio. (CASA probably approved the danger area because they wrongfully assume flying schools are doing their jobs)

Time and time again it's been mentioned that it is a tiny bit of airspace that is occupied by the chutes for small amount of a time during the day, close to 5 minutes in the hour. If going over water is an issue then track over the Nepean. It will add .5 of a track mile to your transit. Like the old silly saying goes but I'll use it this time because its convenient for myself, if you cant afford x then you cant afford to operate!

It's really sad that you cannot be progressive and applaud a successful business idea that obviously took someone a lot of drive and determination to set up. Before you call me out for being somehow involved with this mob, I'm not. I just like seeing these guys landing and seeing reactions from people living life to the fullest. The view of chutes over St. Kilda is just about becoming iconic and the attraction really is an asset to the area.

I was thinking of throwing in an ad hominem in there somewhere but I didn't have the required IQ to conjure one up