PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachuting at Elwood Park
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2015, 10:05
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Aussie Bob,

I think you choose (along with others) to be less than understanding of differing views. Please read my previous comments and don't confuse them with those made by others.

I only head NW when professionally required and use 126.7 on the rarest of occasions. Aviate, navigate, communicate was a valued lesson originally learned some 50 years ago and still holds good.

My commercial requirements have frequently, and will most likely continue to, required coastal transits along the VFR route between Melbourne city and MB in mostly SE helicopters without an overwater option as mooted here by some for FW SE. Mine are many of the 88,000 annual transits of the designated VFR route which are compromised by a commercially advantaged operation that it is my personal opinion could have been more safely located elsewhere.

I applaud any successful GA venture in these tough times, having been there and done that, but I like to think that a tad more thought could have gone into the location of this operation.