PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachuting at Elwood Park
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2015, 08:04
nonsense

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually, no, I wasn't taking the piss.

It is a busy 4 lane highway with bumper to bumper traffic several hours each morning and afternoon peak hour.

Moving video billboards are also a well recognised hazard that councils such as Bayside (corner of South Road and Nepean Highway, for example) are just coming to grips with.

Pedestrians, road signs, cyclists and non-white cars are normal everyday components of the traffic. Clouds are above car drivers' normal sight line, just as falling parachutes are above pilots normal sightline when looking out for other traffic.

If a broken down vehicle or a minor crash is sufficient to cause a traffic bottleneck and further crashes (and surely we've all seen that many times), a bunch of parachutes suddenly appearing right next to traffic can't be good either.

And Aussie Bob, while I'm delighted to hear that one of the cars around me is being driven by a superior driver such as yourself, by definition, 1 in 20 of the cars around me is being driven by a 5th percentile driver, and according to police random breath testing stats, about 1 in 200 is being driven by someone who is drunk.