PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachuting at Elwood Park
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2015, 21:23
BlatantLiar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio calls?

You legally don't even need a radio to fly through there !!
I find it a tad ironic that you're making a point that a radio is not required yet your fellow pagans are using that argument that its the "RAH RAH THE MOST BUSIEST!!!" airspace in the world.

Spot on, a carriage of a radio is not mandatory. However having the correct charts for your area of operation is. It's clearly marked.

I am definitely with Aussie Bob on this one. It is sad that in a time where Australian GA is in decline people are trying to bring down a successful and progressive undertaking.

Wednesdays event while unfortunate was a parachuting incident more so than an aviation one.

How many years has the drop zone been operating now?
How many incidents with aircraft coming dangerously close to parachutes?

I think the most dangerous phase has passed and now there is enough awareness amongst the flying community about the dropzone that it is now safer than it ever has been.

Listening to the pilots on ATC they act professional and courteous. Expediting their sortie when needed and never hesitating to go-around if there is a suspected class G conflict.

I get the feeling half of you are instructors with training standards too p!ss poor for your students to have 3/38ths of a clue about situational awareness. Bit nervous if you sign a student out they might fly somewhere where they shouldn't?

All you guys whining and moaning need to take a good hard look at yourselves in the mirror. Airmanship, get some.