PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unwelcome visitors
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2015, 22:25
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DISCLAIMER! I have never been in the Military,nor employed by HMG (other than as an unpaid VAT , income tax and NI collector)

I grew up with the concept that the Law was to be obeyed and MOD property was sacrosanct. What went wrong?
Re-education is a priority....just as the thickest thicko understands that climbing over the Railway fence is liable to be detrimental to life, so they should understand that trespass on property occupied by the Nation's Defence forces,is likely to be , at best, extremely painful and at worst, Terminal.

Not hard to educate every schoolkid and send it home with a Very Important leaflet (was tempted to say, "flyer" ) The Dole queue and deadbeats can similarly be targetted by their Benefits department....then there's the idiot-lantern for the ones that miss.....after 6 months, there is no reason that any man, woman or child, living in the UK, should not be aware that trespass on MOD property invites quick, violent retribution.

I.m sure that after a couple of well-publicised shootings of terrorists, the risks will be seen to be disproportionately high, for the returns.
Of course, that won't deter the fanatical Terrorist, but if the likes of the Glasgow Airport firebombers is anything to go by, they aren't the sharpest pencils in the box.

Respect for our defences needs to be restored PDQ educate and inform, then enforce!