PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 23:09
FougaMagister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

WWW - don't agree with you about the sim. There are two ways to regard MCC; either as an (increasingly mandatory) add-on to one's ME/IR, just a course completion certificate (what you seem to recommend), or as an extra experience whereby on top of learning crew SOPs, you get exposure to full-motion, jet ops (with the necessary anticipation on your part), and advanced systems such as AFDS, A/THR, MCDU, EFIS etc. Plus, some of your time on MCC will actually be LOFT.

I still believe it's better to have sampled a jet sim if and when you get the chance of an airline sim assessment (do you know many airlines that will check your skills on a B-200 fixed-base sim?) and/or for the start to a type-rating on anything remotely modern (i.e EFIS-equipped).

I chose a jet sim for my MCC (on the advice of an airline recruitment captain), it cost me £800 more, but it was worth every penny. It's true that the airlines won't care much what sim you did your MCC on, at least not during the 2 to 1 interview - it will prove useful later on...

Cheers