PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 10:00
Abbey Road

Received 24 Likes on 4 Posts
That said a lot of ex-FJ pilots have successfully made it into BA over the years, but I'm guessing they didn't bring their TopGun act to the assessment sim.
An important point! I am not an ex-FJ pilot, but I am ex-AAR/AT, and my research at the time showed that there was a 'game to be played' on both the interview/assessment day, and the simulator day. As expected! Of course, any former ASCOT callsign types will have already had exposure to the multi-crew environment, and a chance to practise and hone their own methods of working in 2, 3 or 4 crew flight-deck environments. But even some of them they do not make it in to BA, so there are no guarantees.

Consequently, it is up to everyone to do their homework, and there is plenty that can be done, before attending for DEP entry. So, whilst everyone needs to freshen up their 'act' for a job interview/assessment, as Wiggy suggests, perhaps it is up to some of the ex-FJ folk to look deeper into the corners they haven't given much consideration before?