PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Wage
Thread: Minimum Wage
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 12:01
Louie the Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QNIM, there are a number of websites (state and federal) covering awards and respondents to the awards. It's all a bit of a slurry, and a little hard to follow (state and federal awards, and the complications of jurisdiction, and awards over various years which may not still be current), but the information is supposedly all there. Sorry I don't have any links to post for you, but many of the links can be found on PPRuNe.

As has been posted previously, an award is now only legally binding if a company has signed the agreement.

As far as the legalities of publishing a list go, if the information is already public knowledge, it shouldn't be a problem. The problems might arise if, by ommission, a company is implicated as potentially not complying with an award. Libel or slander laws may also be a problem if specifically non-complying companies are named. But I'm not a lawyer either. And good lawyers make good money from loopholes, and ignorance of the finer points of law.

I wish AOPA all the luck in the world, and hopefully there will be someone at AOPA having a look at the situation with respect to pay and conditions for GA. It wouldn't hurt for them, and other lobby groups, to have a larger membership base either. Strength through numbers.

I still think that there must be a way that operators can charge a reasonable fee for services, and pass a cut of the profit to the pilots and staff, by way of fair payment for a fair days work. It seems that what we have at the moment is a price war.

Anybody have any constructive criticism or advice? I'd be interested in hearing from some of the operators out there. It must sting to have to cut margins to the bone... Maybe it's just the times we live in, maybe it's more than that?