PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 05:26
ECHIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an ex-student from Airmed. At the moment I am busy with an instructor course at Aeromadrid. I would everybody advise to go and have a look at these schools. They have a lot to offer for a very good price.

I personally would advise Aeromadrid because they have very good ground instructors (mostly all from the university of Madrid or for specific subject Iberia captains) and a very good airplanes/simulators. They are much better equiped then Airmed with material and people. Also they have much more experience in teaching, they are therefore also the oldest flying school in Spain.

Despegue.......about the Airbus 320 at Airmed, it is not a simulator but a FNPT2 procedure trainer, you canīt compare that with a Airbus 320 Full Flight Simulator that Aeromadrid has. Also I can see that you have never been at Quatro Vientos. It is a perfectly safe airport with good facilities. Ok, it is only VFR equiped, but nearby you have VORīs and NDBīs and of course other IFR airports you can fly to, so perfect for the initial IFR training. The biggest part of the IFR/ME training is done on Valencia to complete the training.

Also Aeromadrid is now investing a lot of money in simulators. I have just flown 5 hours on their new FNPT2 trainer (costs 1,5 milion euros) and I have to say that I was impressed. Also my colleagues from the SAS academy that are in my class, where impressed about the simulator. It had very nice handling caracteristics and very good visuals.

For everybody that is interested in following flight training in Spain and has some questions, you can always contact me on my email: [email protected].

With kind regards,

Theo

Last edited by ECHIE; 2nd Jun 2003 at 05:37.