PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada *COULD* be grounded this weekend
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 04:51
aileron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jammers,

Not sure about your ramblings on about life in England, taxes etc.

I left Canada in 1993 in the hopes of clawing my way up the aviation ladder. Five years of effort in Canada hadnt gotten me very far.

Ten years of flying in the UK has left me with little to complain about. I was lucky enough to make B757 Captain before reaching my 31st birthday for example, and have worked for the same company for the last seven years. (profitable in each one)

My parents still live in Canada and we often discuss taxes, insurance costs etc. I dont have any complaints about the cost of living here in the UK. Remember I get paid in £ not CAD$. Dont even get me started on what taxes I pay, health care, education, etc etc as compared to Canada. Ive lived with both. If life was as bad as you think here in the UK, would I be here? I do have a choice after all.

I would suggest that flying in Canada isnt what it could be. Pilots working for nothing to secure their first job, paying for your own type rating, etc etc.

Your posting is misleading, paranoid and full of union yuk speak.

No regrets in the UK.

Time to get my daily bowl of oatmeal, oops its called porridge over here........

Last edited by aileron; 2nd Jun 2003 at 05:04.