PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Bank & Error Code 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2014, 21:01
ExSp33db1rd

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Cheque in post never fails.
A cheque I sent to a UK address in Southampton - which is hardly tucked away out of sight - in October, is still undelivered, nor has it been presented to my bank by the wrong person.

Correctly addressed - I was very careful - and with my return address.

Never say never.

Natwest recently renewed a debit card, sent me a letter to New Zealand telling me that it had been sent to my Dorset branch, where the account is still held, just pop around and collect it next time I'm passing. We recently removed my wife from our joint account, now have Statements and Cheques printed in my sole name, but they come addressed to my wife only !

I believe that UK banks are shortly to stop using cheques ? What are you going to do when that happens, or for that reason anyone without a computer ? Is there to be law that all and sundry, young and old, MUST own a computer and be computer literate ?

I have an A4 folder of some 15 pages of Usernames and Passwords -Oh Yes, we're told never to write down our passwords, Yeah, right, I can't even remember if I've locked the door at night, fat chance that I can remember all the Usernames, Passwords, Memorable Words, First School ( actually that I can remember ! ) etc. etc. and I have a draw full of funny "clicking" devices sent to me from the various banks I have had dealings with over my years of living in various countries.

The likes of LastPass, and The Cloud are safe and secure, aren't they ?
Yeah! Right! I believe in Father Christmas and Paddington Bear, too.

For the first time in my life, I recently bolted a Home Safe to some obscure place under my house - trouble is it is a digital lock - now what is the door unlocking combination ?

Don't even talk to my about Bitcoins.

World's Gone Mad.