PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Bank & Error Code 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2014, 15:40
pulse1

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Barclays Bank & Error Code 6

About a week before Christmas I replaced the computer my wife uses with a new one. This meant leaping from Window XP to Windows 8.1, a huge leap for those of us who don't really understand these things.

The first time she tried to access our joint bank account she used a PINsentry to get onto our account. All was fine until she tried to access the statement for our joint account when it came up with an Error Code 6 and a request to phone a number. This she did.

After nearly an hour of being prompted to try different things we were told that the problem was that we hadn't downloaded Java.

After this failed to cure the problem, I then started chatting on line and was told that the problem was my browser. Chrome and Internet EXplorer had both given the same problem so it seemed unlikely that another browser would work. I told them that I had found several Google links which suggested that many customers were having the same problem.

Today, a week later, we phoned again and once more went through the laborious tests and they said that the problem was that we were using two computers to access the same account. We then found that we could access other statements such as ISA's and Pots and it was only our joint account that was the problem.

Then, after a total of two hours on the telephone and another 30 minutes on chat, they eventually admitted that they did have problem which they hoped to solve in January. They did show us another route to access this account so, at least we can get on with our lives.

I just posted this in case anyone else is having the same problem.