PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 30th Dec 2014, 10:33
shetlander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please tell me, what is your SOP for a night ejectee?

Well you've had enough time to drive to Sumburgh and check to see if there's an SOP. Let's face it, there almost certainly isn't and even if there is, it rarely if ever gets practised anyway. You're out of your depth fella.
You guys really do think your God. Well your not. Face it you're all just throwing your toys from your God given prams because your loosing your precious service. Yes at times you may be the best, at others you are far from it.

In recent times having to turn down taskings due to not having an aircraft available for days on end. Lack of crew. Lack of "flying hours" etc etc etc.

You think that no one else comes near to performing SAR taskings, however MCA SAR, has managed so far. Military SAR is not the be all and end all.

I might be out of my depth with regards to a military tasking. However I have managed quite fine in all my other years of SAR taskings, whether it be on the end of the wire or not. I will continue to sit back and watch you guys spit your dummies but in the meantime I will keep doing the day job and I look forward to the first time I have to rescue a pilot having crashed his jet!