PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 30th Dec 2014, 09:54
Vie sans frontieres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geoffersincornwall

With my tongue slightly in cheek I could say the the man overboard should be better trained/equipped or shouldn't have been fooling around on deck after a skinful of booze. The ejectee should be well enough equipped/trained to survive until a pickup is possible after all the Air Force don't confine their activities to the waters covered by any/our SAR service. The missing sports diver should consider the risks of a dangerous pastime and a professional diver will have proper support anyway. The fishermen are involved in what is acknowledged to be a very dangerous occupation and I know from personal experience that they are champions at pushing the envelope when they feel the need to fish and they are not the best at maintaining their boats. Any fisherman on a pier in bad weather deserves what he gets - he should know the risks. As for the kid swept out to sea at sunset - what the hell were his parents doing. Stupid is as stupid does, our world is full of consequences and we cannot possibly cover off all of them.
Tongue supposedly in cheek or not, the fact that ypur mind works in such a way is deeply concerning. You may find there are other web-based forums where your latent views are the norm. This one is however about rescuing people who have had a bad day and need help - one day that may be you or someone close to you.

Shetlander

Please tell me, what is your SOP for a night ejectee?
Well you've had enough time to drive to Sumburgh and check to see if there's an SOP. Let's face it, there almost certainly isn't and even if there is, it rarely if ever gets practised anyway. You're out of your depth fella.