PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAE - incompetency uncovered
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2001, 02:35
Want To Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW a response to your post.
The ground school at Jerez is mediocre!!! Rubbish. The ground school lecturers in my opinion are absolutely first class, the subject notes I agree are not fantastic but this has been realised and new notes are being written at this moment and some have even been distributed already. The only thing I could possibly fault it on is an occasional lack of visual aids, but even this is changing with the current CBT and there uses in some classes. Although I do not have first hand experience of another school I can only tell you about my experience here relating to ground school which has been overal a happy one. I agree that ground school is probably not the most entertaining part of the ab-initio course, but I think BAE do there best to make it as manageable as possible.
Secondly you say that a company canīt afford to pay for customer service. I think when people talk about customer service in realtion to flight training they do not expect employees of the FTO to kneel down and kiss there feet when they walk into a room. All people want is to be treated fairly, to be given honest information and spoken to on an equal level. That costs nothing and to say that an organisation canīt afford that illustrates to me that you missed the point in the post entirely.
Lastly could you just tell us how you find out that FTOīs only make one thousand pounds profit per student, I really canīt believe this is an accurate figure.