PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAE - incompetency uncovered
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2001, 02:27
BAE employee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle and WW make good points about discipline and standards - these are the kind of things that apotential emplyer will look for. It is, after all, a job that requires high personal standards if you are to be a safe and efficient operator.

However, there are some people here on the staff side who look down their noses at the "little boys and girls" going through training. Some forget that they were in the same position once - others just have a bad attitude and like to feel superior. Some of the staff are excellent at working with the students - treating them as adults and thereofre getting the best from them. Some managers and administrators just seem to see the staff and students as an adminstrative burden that gets in the way of pushing all the paperwork around (BEagle - does that sound familiar?).

However, while we have good and bad on the staff side the same goes for the students. How do you deal with a multi engine student who only bothers to turn up to fly when a) he feels like it and b) is sober enough? We had one until recently.

I amazed at the high standards achieved by some of the people we teach - and I am also amazed at some who just can't be bothered (even if they are self sponsoring!). And to not put in any effort when a sponsor is picking up the bill is shameful!

Still, I reckon that you could say the same at any FTO/Military FTS so nothing changes.