PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2014, 11:04
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AerRyan,

I admire your creative thinking, but what we have seen in this age of consolidation is that it takes more than a route that can generate profitability. Airports are competing for airlines to place aircraft on routes, the result being that airlines are shifting aircraft to the most lucrative markets. In my view and based on previous operation out of Shannon that a route by Emirates is a total nonsense and I'd eat my hat if it happened. Sorry to burst your balloon.

Equally re Shannon Paris CDG route; many have tried and many have failed. Amsterdam failed and a start up in the form of Skynet failed. In Paris various aircraft sizes were used and the airlines judged it uneconomic. Such a route is best suited to a low cost carrier.

Equally your comments of Shannon LHR, totally wishful thinking. AerLingus pulled the flight before, in favour of a new base at BFS. Finally, if your suggestion of a SNN DXB did succeed we can expect that many of the users in SNN LHR would deflect to DXB for connections and as another contributor suggested they would jeopardise the success of DUB DXB.

Needless to say if SNN airport pay enough they may get such a route on the map for a limited period of time.