PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand luggage in emergency evacuation
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2014, 20:15
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folk have serious concerns and the flippant get out of my way or I'll walk over you response helps no-one!
I'm afraid its far from being a "flippant remark".

The decision to make the evacuation call is no doubt not taken lightly by the crew, so when the call is made, no doubt the expectation is that compliance will ensue and the aircraft be rendered empty in a timely and expedited manner.

If someone has a medical condition then fine, but it remains for them to find a way to NOT require the need to piss about and faff around in an overhead locker - remember afterall, that people who boarded after you may well have moved your bags or put coats or other bags infront or on top of your bags ..... which you'll have to move and deal with before getting access to yours !

Medical condition or no medical condition, if there's an evacuation and you're in my way rummaging through your bags, I'm not going to stand there and wait, I'm not going to engage in polite conversation about your possible medical conditions .... I'm going to shove you out the way and get the hell down that slide !