PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greater equality or papering over the cracks?
Old 23rd Dec 2014, 07:29
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wrong about the homosexuality aspect, I said so earlier in this thread. Is there a direct and meaningful parallel? No, I don't think so. Setting that to one side for the moment, and the running issue, what are your thoughts on the more practical aspects of the questions I posed? Out of interest, do you think you would be faced with additional pressures if a female's life was at stake compared with 'just' another man's?

Just seen your edit.

Apart from placing 80lbs on a woman's back and hips and maintaining existing physical standards, what do you suggest? My point is that engineering isn't just about turning a screwdriver, just as infanteering isn't just about running. An engineer must be able to act and think in logical sequences, she/he must be able to reason through complex problems - and in that role, there is less difference in gender ability. The case for gender equality in infanteering isn't as black and white as being able to engineer.

Last edited by Al R; 23rd Dec 2014 at 07:53.