PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greater equality or papering over the cracks?
Old 23rd Dec 2014, 07:17
Willard Whyte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the people worried about personal relationships undermining the team ethos also worried about homosexual relationships doing the same?

If one allows homosexuals to serve in all areas of the military, ooh-err missus, by any decision making process one must allow females to do the same.

I should also note that I am well aware of cases where (hetrosexual) personal relationships have undermined the cohesiveness of a team. However, should an entire unit be held to task because a small number of individuals are incapable of keeping it inside their pants? In my opinion the fault lies within the individual not the system, although from observation the system itself is far from perfect at dealing with personal issues.

Providing they can pass all the required aptitude tests to the same standards required of male candidates.

Presumably such aptitude test won't be the equivalent of a "screwdriver turning tick test", and would indeed be an infantry versionof recognising "who had cognitive skills when it came to understanding the servicing manual or putting together complex engineering solutions?".

Last edited by Willard Whyte; 23rd Dec 2014 at 07:39.