PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2014, 13:19
Marty82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelled through ABZ twice this week with flybe to LCY and had a few observations.

New entrance and paving looks nice buy they've been cheap and put tarmac on the rest and I left the existing lock block in other areas. It just looks like a cheaply done half arsed job.

Why get rid of the car hire desks yet leave Travelex where it is? If the idea was to open up the front of the terminal then why not do it all? Yet again half arsed.

New Joe's Coffee House and smaller landside WH Smith look good and I assume are in preparation for a larger airside WH Smith and food outlet.

Fast track security quiet and only one lane of normal security open. No effort to process normal passengers through fast track when nobody using it. I was randomly selected for a body scan. I had to wait a few minutes for this as someone else was being scanned. Meanwhile nobody behind me in the queue was allowed through the security arch leading to quite a tailback. Is this normal procedure or just an Aberdeen thing?

The Servisair lounge is beyond a joke. Uncleared tables everywhere, Christmas decorations such as paper chains school children make and printed A4 sheets stuck to walls, white and rosé wine not chilled (is an ice bucket that expensive to buy), crackers but no cheese and half the light bulbs not working!

On my return we landed at 1131 and had to wait until 1151 for a gate! Is ABZ really that short of stands even in non peak hours? It was 1201 when I disembarked, 30 minutes after landing. I've not been delayed that much even at LHR.

We took the route from gate 2 to UK arrivals, ie between the two lounges. The corridor was littered with Boots delivery trollies and crates. Nothing says welcome to Aberdeen like walking through something akin to a goods yard!

Am I being overly critical or not? Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.