PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice for a BA cadet with 200 hours
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2001, 07:27
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I have to be honest folks. I do find the attitude of some fellow PPRuNers to be very disappointing. This particular person put out a genuine request for information and gets abuse back because of the plain fact that he/she is a BA Cadet. Hardly fair.... is it???? Come on folks... yes times are bad and whether you are self sponsored or a BA Cadet (or a cadet of any airline), some of us find ourselves in exactly the same situation at the moment. No jobs with everyone’s paws up for any flying that they can get hold of. Lets try and offer constructive help (even if it is negative feedback) instead of shooting the poor person in the foot before you have typed a thing. I am not a BA Cadet before any of you start speculating but I know a few BA cadets and the one or two that I know well are good, decent folks.

SenecaSoarer. My advice is for you to get an Instructors Rating (if you can) and instruct if possible. If you have to do it for free then so what, after all it is valuable P1 hours in the logbook and you have no outstanding training debts to pay. If you get paid for it then regard that as a bonus. For the price of a stamp and if it makes you feel better then send off some letters to some airlines/air taxi operators/flying clubs. Don't hold your breath for any thing positive but what can you lose for the price of a few stamps???! Yes it is true that things could be a lot better at the moment, but chin up because hopefully you have that jet job to look forward to, no matter how long it takes.

I wish you all the best

Regards

MG

[ 24 October 2001: Message edited by: Mister Geezer ]