PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Qantas Short Haul and Jetstar Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 17:59
crosscutter

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I tend to agree with Master Caution.

For 10 years JQ has grown under a low cost model. Pilots and everything about JQ has been low cost. For 10 years pilots have accepted and eaten the **** sandwich because "it was a job" or "I'll have 4 bars in a couple of years" or "I get thousands in day off payments". I don't begrudge any JQ pilot for this decision.

Now that JQ seems to be moving into a mature phase instead of growth, it seems pilots are now beginning to taste the **** sandwich that some have been eating for a decade.

We all have a right to fight for terms and conditions. I support the JQ no vote and fight as a pilot in this sometimes wretched industry. I support the merging of JQ and QF seniority numbers based on DOJ. However, a JQ pilot calling for support from QF pilots is akin to asking someone to kiss you whilst your mouth is full of.....well....a **** sandwich.

Just like those at QF have done, and are continuing to do....if you don't like it you are going to have to leave, because by voting no, your lot still isn't going to change enough to take away that horrible taste.

Good luck.