PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Qantas Short Haul and Jetstar Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2014, 06:00
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Lotsa, I do enjoy having my views challenged. If I can't find a reason that your position is wrong then I will revisit my own beliefs.

I was wrong to say that the RBA inflation target was 3%...that was something I took from a speech a few years ago and am happy to be corrected on. Officially it is in the 2-3% range, and the RBA has a 2003 speech on its website which explains the historical reasoning behind that target.

The discussion about CPI is a sideshow, however, and is a false premise that suggests that Jetstar pilots are paid a rate commensurate with their efforts and need only address inflation and not long term inequities.

Prior to Tigerair's recent spike in pay rates Carla Jayne was insistent that wage parity with Tiger was essential. How quickly that rhetoric was abandoned! Similarly, the company seeks to erode pilot's work/life balance while the same Carla Jayne famously holds down the CEO role on a carer's schedule.
Eventually the hypocrisy, greed and prevarications of management come home to roost. This would be one of those times.