PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Managing change?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2014, 15:41
oldmansquipper

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Managing change?

Senior management`s nameless employers are currently going through a Restructuring and Transformation exercise, much as the RAF did/are still doing in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and to date. It seems the Yukspeak/buzzword/phrase usage is just as much bo**cks now as it was then and the process reminded me of a yukspeak phrase generator which existed back in the day - I was delighted to discover one lives on in pprune!:

dack.com > web > web economy bull**** generator

Pull up a Sandbag time: During my time at "HQ Glider Command" Br*****n Me and another blue suited engineer were required to contribute to a report on some sort of office/branch/admin/up cock. A very expensive consultancy firm had been engaged to do it but for some reason, the answers were not as required by certain VSOs. So it came back down the line for it to be done again in house. We duly followed our orders and penned our report, inserting in every second section or so, a randomly generated three word phrase (similar to those generated in the dack site) which meant absolutely nothing. We submitted it in draft as a laugh expecting it to be trashed at the next level. However..... it passed several sifts including a few sideways moves `for comment` where it was signed off by several Wg Cdrs & even a couple of GCs (of which there were many) . It was about to go to 1* when our GC (A sharp cookie & FGB as it happens) did the final check...We were invited into his office for an explanatory chat shortly afterwards. No tea and biscuits though.

I guess if things don't change ...they will probably stay as they are

Anyone else used these generators with success?