PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2014, 19:18
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that's right GrahamK, they seemed way too optimistic from the start but I really do wish they had gotten off the ground. Whether Newcastle to Bydgoszczczzcz is a very popular route, who knows, but it could have worked.

Apart from Riga and Warsaw which would probably be the best opening routes, possibly along with Gdansk, I think Budapest (unless Jet2 ever start it - I'm really really surprised they haven't considering they picked up Prague and Krakow from EZY, and NCL is the only remaining route from KRK) could have a shot, then Vilnius, Wroclaw and or Poznan. I'd say there wouldn't be much more outside of those routes, I'd desperately hope they wouldn't start Katowice because we might lose Krakow (although Wizz traffic would be more inbound than LS). If there were to be any others,
- Sofia? I dunno I doubt it, they can't offer anything to ski traffic from the UK. - Bucharest? Possible, people could use it to connect as it's a large base (obviously more successful if they did offer connections)
- Kiev, had the political situation been any better I think it would be a winner, Kiev is supposed to be a really amazing city.