PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2003, 03:26
madman1145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello there ..

First of all - I'll have to comply with what the WWW man is writing - the future employer really don't care where and how you got your license - not a presumption, but what I have heard from numerous pilots ...
It's the reputation, environment and fascilitation of the FTO AND the small things in the daily live that should decide your choice of FTO, because YOU are gonna be the 365/24/7 the next 2 years ...
Don't pay that much attention to what MCC simulator you will be using - it's "only" MCC course, not a simulator for Type Rating - the Airliners really don't care that much what MCC simulator you used ...

A few answers to this topic:
1.: No, at Airmed there are students that has Spanish or their own national medical and that is accepted - so far, because it is in conflict with the JAA regulations having a foreign initial medical certificate in another JAA country where the education is taken place ..
2.: If your own country has exchanged "Letter of Mutual Recognition" with Spain on JAR-FCL 1 (fixed wing certificate) and JAR-FCL 3 medical certificate) and no restrictions is done to that, there will only be a fee charged for the change - you do have to stay at least 180 days in your country before the exchange can be taken place and when you obtain your own country certificate, the Spanish one will be cancelled - you can only hold one certificate within JAA ..
3.: The official CAA exams in Spain are also done in English ..
4.: When I made my survey back in September last year, I didn't not come by Adventia - never heart about them before - so I suppose their reputation is unknown in the Business ..
5.: I went to another FTO visiting them back then downhere, Aerofan - asking them what nationalities there where in the English classes - it was Spanish students and the next class would be Italian students - think of that, think of what kind of language would be used in the ground school - Spanglish it is ..
In International classed, it has to be from different nationalities so English is forced to be used for communication - not just 1 or 2 nationalities ..
6.: About the weather downhere - ha ha - not THAT nice as you might think - Airmed state it is 328 days of sunshine (I think), that is exaggerated - if it has to be true, from now on and to February next year it has to be ALL sunshine every day - and I just love the Spanish geography - everytime I fly I enjoy having the view to the ocean, mini small fields usually with trees on, mountains, cities at the same time - there is mountains surrounding Valencia all the way around, only the beach is clear of that, more less. And during Engine Failure exercises, you really need to know what you can use around Valencia for emergency landing because you don't get further oppertunities - no nice big fields from big farmers, usually they are with trees on or flotted with rice - like to the south there are special fields for ex. emergency landings because otherwise you would be kind of fu.... - sorry my French ..
The other day, had so much turbulence that I never experienced before, even in Gliders - should have had a helmet on that day ..
As a former gliderpilot I'm bit used to fly in Denmark - so so so boring geography compared to this place ..
And fog - got quite a lot of that from time to time - on only 13 flights I've had 1 flight cancelled and nearly 3 due to bad weather conditions (fog, low skyes, poor visibility etc.) ..
So to say that flying in Spain is easy and just sunshine - njaahhh - it's fun and challenging is my words ..

And I will agree with Despegue - also satisfied so far with the place, with Airmed, Valencia Airport with its fascilities (the controllers speak quite good English) ..
If you wanna se pictures from the place, look at my class website - www.airmedpilots.com - there is a Gallery ...

Last edited by madman1145; 29th May 2003 at 03:42.