PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2014, 17:53
Travel Agent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience (nearly 24 years working and then owning one) as a travel agent, 95% of people from southern Northumberland and Tyne & Wear do not want to drive elsewhere for a flight. "Why drive when there is an airport on my doorstep".

Last week I flew NCL-BRS overnight in a B&B and then BRS-FAO early on the Saturday morning, I flew direct back to NCL on the following Tuesday, not because of cost (it ended up £40 more with cost of accom) but because the flight times were much more convienient for me. Everyone else who I met out in Portugal thought I was nuts! They were on the Saturday evening flight and arrived at the hotel gone 11pm, I had an afternoon on the marina watching the Newcastle match whilst waiting for them!

I would love to fly ex NCL everytime but it is not always possible because of limitations on routes, frequencies and timings. I am also realistic to know that not every route will work and tour ops / airlines will only offer what they know makes money. We are a hell of a lot better off now then what we were in the late 80's / early 90's when we had 1 based Britannia 737 and 1 based Dan Air 737 for charter use