PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2014, 20:55
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kcockayne

I completely understand what you are saying, and likewise, I have no idea on the comparable costs either. The previous incumbent would have sat there and done next to nothing to save the company. The E195 leasing deal was by all accounts, one of the worst aircraft leasing deals in living memory, all signed, sealed and delivered by our previous CEO who's background was baggage handling (no disrespect to rampies, they do an amazing job). The current management have at least recognised where the money was going and took some harsh decisions to keep the company from going under. They did this by the skin of their teeth and one of those decisions was to ground the 195 fleet because regardless of how many pax was on board they simply could not make money out of them or our customers would have run off to the competition. Personally it doesn't matter how much people don't like purple, it doesn't matter how much faith we have or have not in the management but one thing is certain, and that is we are in far safer hands now than we ever were. I just cannot see how Saad would fritter away money on a wet lease deal with Aer Lingus if there wasn't a significant saving over operating the 195 fleet on the routes. To think otherwise like some on here do just beggars belief.