PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2014, 16:28
INeedTheFull90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh come on, it has to have an affect. People who would drive a few hours to NCL to get a cheaper ticket may as well continue to EDI or GLA. For a family of four it's nearly a £60 saving for a short flight, it's many hundreds for long haul. This is the start of the end for NCL's limited long haul holiday flights.

Furthermore, the long summer NCL enjoys with scottish coming here for cheaper flights in their summer holidays and half term will likely end.

Aircraft will move north as you can charge the same fare and make at least £13 a head more on an outbound flight so based units in NCL will likely reduce substantially.

I see the LS base reducing by 2/3 units, EJ closing (bet some of you in here will be loving that), TOM/TCX reducing based units or cutting the flying programme and NCL will be a shadow of its former self. There will be no return of flyBE and any new airlines operating into NCL will likely just serve edi where they can benefit from both inward tourism and better margins.

I've seen the airport quoted in many recent news articles and they have been warning of the impacts of devolving APD long before the independance vote.

APD does have an impact. CO threatened to pull out of BFS because of it, and the route now benefits from £0 APD and is continuing. FR made a fuss with Ireland for the same of a few Euro APD and now they've managed to abolish it.