PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2014, 19:36
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair I don't see a problem with comparing two "competing" airports one one of the airport's threads. If we were comparing LPL and EMA then yeah I understand but...

I believe it's still roughly correct that NCL has an even split, 1/3 legacy, 1/3 low cost, 1/3 charter? A few more EU routes from legacy carriers and it might tip it a bit more towards legacy which I think is a better position to be in, unlike airports such as EMA and LPL which are >3/4 charter and low cost <1/4 legacy.

I do unfortunately have a slight vendetta because as I see it EMA has stolen Jet2, same with GLA.

With regards to LS changing from 752's to 738's, it will in fact have a pretty big effect. Jet2 alone represents a loss of 736 seats per day on last year. In total with TCX changing to A321's and TOM changing to 738's, we're down 2176 seats per day for the height of the summer season next year. I.e, down about 200,000 pax for June-August alone. Obviously not 100% accurate but it can't be denied that it is having an effect especially since none of them has made a significant increase in seats/based aircraft/weekly frequencies for about 2/3 years.