PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Immigration to Australia for pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2003, 15:34
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I am involved in recruitment and employment of foreign skilled labour and have many immediate vacancies in rural areas. Any of the following highlighted professions (together with nurses, diesel fitters, fitters and turners etc) are welcome to PM me.

"bricklayer, gardener, cook (Chef), pre-school teacher, panel beater, hairdresser, butcher, nurseryman or plumber"

But pilots? Sorry - no vacancies. No job, no Visa. And to those diesel fitter etc who are also Commercial pilots, no dice. A 457 Temporary Resident Visa requires the holder to remain in the same occupation, same rural environment, same employer during the term of the Visa (up to four years.)

Bronlund The Chimbu warrior is ancient, almost pre historic - and looks even older than what he actually is! First registrations in PPRuNe were in 1999 sometime, can't remember the month, and one of my "nom de plums" is amongst the first 100. I think Redo is also in that very first group. The changed date bit occurred some time ago - think a Moderator may have done it as a joke - Redo may know as I think she also had some impossibly astronomical number of posts at one stage.