PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2014, 13:40
Flightrider

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Going back to a previous topic, although I have no doubt that Saad Hammad wouldn't care less about my views (and that's mutual) then I still see an airline here which is losing the plot in a big way. If you read the latest set of results, there is an ongoing £26m impairment due to the grounding costs of the 195s and a £10m revenue hit this year from reduced charter activity through not having them. £10m revenue is not £10m profit, but unless the previous team were so inept that they were running charters at a direct operating loss, I still can only reason that the grounding of the 195s was a knee jerk reaction which has cost dearly.

When you then add to the equation that Flybe have their own grounded aircraft for which they are paying and yet they are chartering in other aircraft like the Stobart ATR72 on LPL-IOM and the Logan S2000 on ABZ-LCY plus handing off routes like GLA-MAN due to apparent lack of equipment, you really do wonder what is going on.

Everything I am hearing on LCY is that with the exception of BHD, volumes are dire.

I stick by my view that this has got trouble written all over it, although for the sake of the team of hard working people who are Flybe's crews and ground staff, I hope to be proven wrong.