PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2003, 16:55
Paterbrat

I am a figment of my own imagination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike Jenvey your comment that ' Manwell has hit the nail on the head' puzzles me???
Manwell as far as I can make out does not want to ' P*ss the pax off in the name of security' and in the words of Chuck Yeager '..if I can't do anything about it I won't worry about it' !!!
'...the pain will be quite brief'
His choice between 'government action and terrorist action, was terrorist action.' Manwell's slowness/ inability to change his lifetime's reactions and perceptions is not the way to react to a dynamic and constantly evolving threat situation.

Inaction inertia and complacency will not ease the concerns of a traveling public or encourage bums back onto seats. It is instead a sad demonstration of complete and pathetic apathy in the face of a very real threat facing us all, and is not even the suggestion of a solution.

Sadly the reality of missile attacks are with us, and have been for some time, Joshua Nkomo proved that. All it takes is the willingness to step outside the normal bounds of civilised society, and we have had ample proof that there are many who will. It would seem that countermeasures for this eventuality may well be yet another cost factor that will squeeze the market yet further.