PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ageist RyanAir/CAE - Equality Act Discrimination
Old 19th Nov 2014, 23:47
PeppyJeppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WH I think any alleged anti irishness will be impossible to legitimately present. I know an irish ryr cpt and he says it's nonsense and simply not true, if it is indeed brought up with the relevant authorities there will be more than enough irish guys to testify against any allegations.
Obviously clueless as to what is going on in his own company then if he believes that. A base Captain confirmed it previously. I would imagine like most Irish pilots in RYR this capt you spoke to was trying to avoid being caught on record making waves. It's not supposed to be a great place to be Irish at the moment. That is why so many Irish pilots are going to Norwegian and FlyDubai.

It is now a well established fact that RYR do not hire Irish pilots and it has been for almost 2 years. In that time there have been no Irish recruits bar rumours of some experienced instructors who knew people and had 1000+ hours and at that they would number on one hand.

Simtech aviation are hosting RYR sim assessments and somebody there confirmed that not a single Irish candidate has been seen there.

I have posted before with regards this issue and since there have been more incidents. I know that there is a pool of over 100 Irish nationals who have applied and heard not a dickiebird while UK and other EU nationals have applied and got automatic response within a few days for their CV and details to be sent away by CAE to RYR. It's well beyond coincidence at this stage!