PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2014, 16:27
spacegrand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think had an enthusiast group chartered the aeorplane then Monarch would have been very well disposed to doing something suitable and it is a shame that wasn't initiated. I don't believe it would have been realistic for the management to have put it forward as they have been working unbelievably hard since the end of the summer with the change of ownership of the group. It has been very heartening to read the kind comments posted on Monarch and particularly the 757 in recent months.
Thank you.

To follow on from JB'S post you will probably know that JB is currently in the BHX hangar undergoing an end of lease check. NJ did its last charter flight on 5th November to KRK and back to MAN, posn to BHX on 8th November awaiting hangar input and NK did its last revenue flight on 12th November KRK-LGW and then posn on the 13th LGW-BHX awaiting its hangar input.

I was very lucky to command NJ's last schedule into MAN on 2nd November getting on to stand after the other 2 a/c (LGW and BHX respectively) that day. The last charter flt for NK and the very last Monarch 757 flt in NK. I've been continuously current on the 757 for nearly 29 years which I believe is a record for the type.

A magnificent a/c that served Monarch well and will continue to do so for those airlines which still operate them.

So the end of an era for Monarch but not for the 757.