PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do we not require 1500 hours for a RHS job ?
Old 16th Nov 2014, 03:02
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As i said above, the strength of a pilot group has nothing to do with the employ of cadets or only so called experienced pilots. It has a lot more to do with the ability to stand their ground and do that together.

In my outfit, where we do hire only our homegrown MPL cadets for the last few years, it was mainly the FOs who carried the unionization and had the strength to force the company to accept much better T&Cs, including a strong scope clause. Despite the extremely bad economical situation of the company in question we managed to raise salaries by yearly double digit percentages, simply because our pilots had the strength to stand their ground against our management. Not to mention the likes of Lufthansa of course, who hire mainly cadets (MPL since it was approved in germany) for the last 60+ years and enjoy a pretty good package.

It is not about entry experience, it is much more about state of mind. And running away usually doesn't help in the fight.