PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryaniair FO Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 11:52
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samka, You ask : only 90 typerated?:
I do not know, I do not work in RYR training department.
But if you are typerated AND have more than say 1500hrs on 737-800, this is your time.

It looks to me that RYR can now benefit from the aperent recrutmentcollaps at Norwegian. Lots of ex RYR pilots wants back to RYR.
They are quickley trained.

Any other 737 pilot needs a 6 sessions OCC cource, after a few weeks of INTENCE groundschool. Then linetraining to a high standard.
This takes less time then a full type rateing, but not by much, and the outcome has been some rather nonstandard linepilots. RYR hates this and will eat You alive if You diverge on SOP details.

If you go to Check-in.dk and translate the interview with RYR and post it here,some of Your questions will be answered.
PB claims he is training more pilots the next 12 months ( 690) then the rest of Europe combined. That is a bluff.
Due to stabelized fleet-size , max hrs and retirement in flagcarriers. And expansion generaly there is plenty of recrutment in EU.
Then You have the rest of the world....
Short and sweet,,: Some Loco will wetlease this spring and summer due lack of crew. We may also see canselations.

# You are cleared to exit RYR holdig, what is You intention ? #
Mail , Ring and knock on doors. Good luck.