PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2014, 10:56
stiglet

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Command ready does not mean that they will pass the course, merely that they have the minimum hours and licence requirement and have gone though the preliminary stages. There is, I believe a significant failure rate; hence the perception that taking in DEC will reduce the training capacity needed to get commanders online before next summer.

I can see the argument from both sides. If there is controlled recruitment of DEC it could be beneficial: provided they have to reach the same standards and it is not assumed that because they are already Monarch captains they are somehow better, and they are not given preference to base above easy FO's. A limited number of experienced DEC could help the experience inbalance but too many will allienate the existing workforce.

For those who do come I trust you will quickly embrace the orange culture and understand and accept the views of those FO's who perceive you have jumped the queue and taken their place; if so I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms.